Visit the largest lake in Bavaria on a day trip, enjoy a boat trip on Lake Chiemsee and experience a touch of Versailles.
Included in the price:
- transfer from Munich to Chiemsee and back to Munich, duration approx. 10 h
- skip-the-Line Service: You no longer have to queue, just skip the queue
- professional tour guide
- exclusively with us: City guide "simply Munich" and city map
- free cancellation until 24 h before tour start
To be paid on site:
- entry for Herrenchiemsee palace incl. boat trip approx. 26 € p.P.
Lake Chiemsee, the "Bavarian Sea", is located around 65 kilometres from Munich in the beautiful foothills of the Alps. From Prien you can enjoy the great view of the mountains on a boat trip to Herreninsel. Once there, you will visit Schloss Herrenchiemsee (castle), which King Ludwig II had built on the model of Versailles. Be enchanted by the castle and learn many interesting facts about the fairytale king.
Afterwards, you will continue to Fraueninsel, which invites you to lunch in one of its many restaurants and cafés. Afterwards, you can discover the Frauenwörth monastery on a short tour of the car- and bicycle-free island.
Start: 8.30 a.m., every monday (29 April to 23 September)
Duration: 10 hours
Departure: Karlsplatz 21 / Sonnenstraße in front of department store Galeria Kaufhof
Route: Munich - Prien am Chiemsee - Munich
Live moderation on the bus is provided by competent tour guides in German and English.
After successful booking you will receive your tickets automatically by e-mail. Alternatively, tickets can also be bought at the Tourist Information at Marienplatz and at the main train station.
Photos: Frank Stolle
Health protection measures
Hygiene requirements and current regulations - you can help too!
- Limited number of participants - book in advance online
- The minimum distance of 1.5 metres must be observed
- Please wear a mouth and nose protector in public buildings and shops
- Please note the cough and sneeze rules: turn away and sneeze and cough into the crook of your arm